Clark Store

Clark Store

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Updates Galore!

Hey Friends and Family,

           Sorry I have been behind on the blog-o-sphere (I am pretty sure that is what the bloggers call it..). Although I am pretty sure you weren't staring at your screen refreshing your browser every 45 seconds, I do want to give you regular updates on our lives and how the church plant is going. So here are a few updates on the Blooms and what God is up to in North Routt, CO.


  • SUPPORT RAISING
         First off, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! 
We have been so blessed by your generosity and are almost completely pledged for our first        year (2013-214) in Colorado. Although, we still have to raise support for the 2014-2015 year, we are more than thrilled that we can move forward with our support for this year almost completely  funded. So for that we THANK YOU! We have felt so very loved and supported by you! 

If you want to send us anything (including support) our new mailing address is: PO Box 1123 
                                                                                  Clark, CO 80428

  • RANCH GIRL (SUZANNA)
            Suzanna has started her orientation at the Ranch and she is loving it so far. She has been connecting with a lot of the girls at the Ranch and she has already been able to go on a trail ride on horseback. But I will let her elaborate on her adventures in another blog post but here is a picture of her and the horse she was able to ride, Dakota.
    Photo: Best buds #Dakota #thisguy #webothlovetoeat
    Suz giving a horse a "headlock". Just kidding they are friends.


  • CHURCH UPDATE
            The church has been going great! Although numbers tend to fluctuate here in the summer, it was fun to have around 50 people gather at the charter school this past Sunday! It was also my first time preaching and it went well or at least they didn't through any rotten tomatoes at me. No, but the community was very encouraging and had kind words for me after my message. I spoke on the parable of the mustard seed and how God builds His Kingdom from humble beginnings (Mark 4:30-32); with that parable in mind I recounted the story of the early church and how God builds his Church in extraordinary ways through ordinary people (Acts 4:13). It was fun, and very much applies to our small Church! This next week (June 2nd) we launch into a new 7 week sermon series on the 7 "I AM" statements of Jesus found in John's Gospel. Starting June 2nd we are moving to weekly services, which is exciting! The week before this last we (May 19th) we had a cook-out and grilled a bunch of burgers and hot dogs and quite a few people came out. It was a great time to meet some more people. Leadership confession: The last two weeks I have ran out of stuff because I shot too low on the numbers. More people just keep coming, which is a good problem to have (I suppose guessing numbers is not my "spiritual gift").
         I thought I would throw in a picture of the space we meet at within the Charter School; just to give you a visual of where our weekend services take place. 

We set up two columns on the left and right sides of the room (facing opposite of the fireplace) with about 4-5 rows of 5 chairs in each column. We also set up a table for coffee and snacks on the right of the fireplace to welcome people in. It is an awesome space that is perfect for us.  

  • CHURCH UPDATE CONTINUED....
             We are also launching a young adult worship gathering (ministry within NRCC) that meets every Monday night at 7:30pm. We wanted to offer a space for young adults (18-20 somethings) to worship and discover what it means to follow Jesus in their current life context with other people in that same life-stage. We believe it is a crucial stage, in terms of figuring out who they are and what they are supposed to do. It is also a big need for the surrounding community because to our knowledge there is nothing really available for young adults. Oh, and I am also a "young adult" so I am excited to reach out and minister to that age group. Oh I also started to put together a NRCC Facebook page as our church website. 


              Well, that is all I will try and cram into one post. There is so much that has been going on, and so much more I could write. So if you have other questions, either ask us in the comment section below, email me at: dbloom2388@gmail.com or call my cell at: 630-346-8041

Thank you for your prayers and support!

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment